I have this friend who loves to shop. She barely has a job, but she loves spending money she needs for things like rent and surviving on things like low quality dresses and make-up sponges in the shape of an egg because they're all the rage and apparently get the done the best even though I don't wear foundation so there's really no need for it in my makeup collection. I switched tenses there... because the big reveal here is that I'm talking about myself. I know, who would have thought, right? This is stupid.
I want to preach about some of the more wonderful things I have purchased in my lifetime of purchasing things. Some are fancy and splurge-worthy and others are just basic necessities that you made it by just fine living without until you saw it, used it and all of a sudden, you'd die without it.
1. Netflix. I know, this sounds crazy. People don't have Netflix accounts? I was shocked when I found out, too! Netflix is seriously one of those things that I would probably die without. It's up there with water and bread on the "Things I Need To Survive" list. (My meals are very, very bland.) Netflix is so cheap and there is a plan where you can just stream! That's all I do. Stream. I want to watch a TV show and bam, there it comes! Flowing from my computer screen into my brain like a stream of water! If you want to get DVD's delivered to your door, then you can very well do that. I don't. Because I never watch them and always forget to return them. If you're not sold (idiot), here are three things you can watch on Netflix that might change your mind:
1. The entire series of "Breaking Bad." Everyone has been pressuring you to watch it, right?! Me too!
2. 90's movies that make you nostalgic: "Clueless" "A League of Their Own" "The First Wives Club" "Empire Records" and "Reality Bites."
3. "Fitzwilly" starring Dick van Dyke, it's just a real delightful movie that probably nobody else will love as much as me. But you should watch it.
2. A fan. Just a simple fan. I bought one that has two fans stacked on top of each other for extra breeze! Sleeping without a fan is now impossible for me. It changed my life. It makes me feel comfortable, temperature-wise, but it also puts me at ease since complete quiet really freaks me out. A fan is literally perfect... in every way.
Now, go buy these things! And later, I'll tell you all about why you should invest more money in the travel-sized aisle of your local CVS or Target.