This fall has been awesome. And you know what? I haven't done shit. Seriously. I have done nothing different than I did over the summer. But for whatever reason, I am really loving this fall.
I live in the city, so it's hard for me to get out and do fall activities. And let's be honest, I don't necessarily care to. I haven't been apple picking since I was a kid, I've never picked a pumpkin and everything else seems just kind a "meh" to me. But, there are ways to still experience fall and enjoy the hell out of it without even daring to step into nature.
2. Invest in a throw blanket and a pumpkin scented candle. Light the candle and only use your throw blanket. You'll be so cozy and kind of cold but also kind of warm. Fall at its best.
3. Marathon a TV show (while using throw blanket and pumpkin candle.) Whether it's one you need to catch up on since fall shows are back ("Parks and Rec"), or something that's not on anymore ("Freaks and Geeks.") It's a good time of year to just stay in on a Sunday and take in some good ol' TV. Other suggestions: "Dinosaurs" and "Bobby's World."
4. FOOTBALL!!!!!!!! (Just kidding.)
5. Boots. Buy some. Wear them with everything. Use them to justify wearing dresses with no tights. Bare legs are totally fine with boots.
6. Make more homemade food. Or, watch your friends make homemade food. It's a nice time of year to gather inside and make family-style meals.
7. Grab a warm coffee or tea and go for a walk. Get up, get up, get busy, do it. I like to walk the waterfront, or through the parks in Boston because they're close to me and I can see at least a little bit of foliage. Oh, well, I guess you do have to step into nature a little bit.
8. Watch a Halloween-y movie. Suspenseful ones are preferred over scary ones, in my opinion.
9. Listen to records and do nothing. There's nothing better than a cool breeze, a rainy day, scratchy records and not feeling guilty about not doing a god damn thing. Maybe you can even light that god damn candle again (I mean, you have to wear it down while it's still in season, right?)
10. Kissing. It's really fun in the fall. Much cozier.