I like naming the high points of my week. It gives me something to smile about and be grateful for. I'm not going to lie everyone, we could all be a little more grateful more often. Did you see what happened in New York and New Jersey this week? No power, no hot showers, no place to charge phones or electronic devices (vibrators) (lol) (ugh, I hate my comedy.) I was complaining about my slow internet yesterday... and then I realized I was lucky I even had it at all and that I should shut my god damn trap.
In other news, I think I have arthritis in my big toe! And that ain't no joke. My knees, ankles and big toe feel like they're going to fall off. And now, that being said, let's get on to those highs, huh?
Here are my five highs:
1. Hanging out on Hurricane Day was really super fun. All the bad movies, bad food, mimosas, staying in my pajamas, oh, what a relaxing time. I was all smiles that day.
2. The House Teams. Teaching and directing is really one of my favorite things to do at the theater. It's corny, but seeing other people do well and want to get more involved and hear them say things like, "I was shaking from excitement after our set!" really makes me happy. I have been doing this for so long that I forget about those moments. Those early moments where I was learning the ropes and having a lot of bad shows but feeling EXHILARATED when I had good ones. It's nice to spend time, and guide, the newer folks... because it reminds me we're not all worn out. And that there are still things to get excited about!
3. I did yoga every day and I'm feeling stronger every day. I am also going to give a drinking fast a try. So, mentally, I feel a little better this week. (Until last night, I drank every night for 11 days straight. Yikes. I'm tired of wasting my money, drinking so many calories and doing stupid things when I'm drunk like eat pizza late-night or send too many drunk texts.)
4. It's November!!!! October is OCT-OVER! See what I did there? This October kind of sucked. So, I'm ready to move on. I'm ready for cooler temperatures and getting excited way too early for Christmas season. And napping all day on Thanksgiving and watching "Elf" and "It's A Wonderful Life."
5. The Halloween Show was a very fun success. We had a great show, a packed crowd wearing fun costumes, an open bar post-show and a fun evening... mainly with Trevor's parents.
What were your five highs? High fives.