Hello! Happy New Year!
Last night, I dyed my hair a very dark brown. Almost black. And I feel AWESOME!! I had a very fun New Year's Eve. I did shows with my friends, I had some drinks, I threw up in a sink, I wore a pretty party dress and I walked around a room and told everyone in there how great they were and how much they were my best friend in the whole world. Which is a good kind of drunk to be. Oh, right, I mentioned that I threw up in a sink, right? I'm gross.
Regardless, I'm excited for a new year! I feel creative and excited and ready to tackle some shit. I spent the day lying in bed and watching The Cosby Show and writing down a list of things I want to do. I like making resolutions... because even if I don't do them all, it at least sets me on the right track and puts me in a nice frame of mind... for however many seconds. : )
Here are some ideas that I have. There are MANY. And I didn't want to write any big, crazy things... like "move to LA" because that shit's overwhelming.
- Get a passport. I don't have one. I've never had one. I've never needed to use one. I don't have the money to actually use one this year. But... I should have one. Just in case I'm whisked away to a foreign country for a romantic weekend. Because that's likely to happen!
- Get the ampersand tattoo on my back filled in. I have a baroque design that I'm looking into that I really like. Just have to save up the money!
- Watch all of The Cosby Show. (I'm on season three. Hehe!)
- Write and perform (non-comedy) music. It's a silly little dream I have.
- Write a spec script. I've had one all planned out for "Parks and Recreation." I think it'll be a fun thing to do.
- "Curate" my frame wall. I have some posters that need to be framed and I want to make it more personal and interesting. I'm tired of looking at the same thing every day. Also, it will fulfill my secret longing that I've had to be a museum curator.
- Buy a new record every month and start building an awesome record collection. Including all types of music... and not just soul. I have a lot of soul. And I'll probably buy a lot more soul.
- Figure out how to really use my camera and take pictures more frequently. I want to take more black and white pictures.
- Have a spa day. Probably on my birthday. Oh, man, I can't wait!
- Stop apologizing. I apologize for EVERYTHING. And I have to stop. I have a feeling a certain someone is going to be real excited about this one.